Thursday, February 2, 2012

Did I Get It Or Not ??

     Sitting at home has gotten on my last nerve. I can't stand just sitting here doing nothing. For the past month I have been applying for jobs... everywhere. I must have applied to over 100 places so far.

     I spend my whole day looking at ads, searching the Internet or wasting gas that I don't have money for looking for a job. It's exhausting.

     You would think that when a company says "we will contact you shortly about your application." that they mean the WILL contact you. It's a lie. Not a little white lie either. This is a in your face, not subtle about it at all lie.

     With applying to over 100 places in the past month I have had 2 responses. TWO. They were both "We regret to inform you" letters but at least they notified me. This I respect.

     I have applied to all these places and somehow still don't have a job. This is unbelievable. the economy is not that bad to the point where I HAVE to be unemployed.

     Maybe you think this is my fault, maybe there is something wrong with me. I want you to know I have applied on line, submitted resumes, made phone calls, applied in person to places. I have even called places back that I applied at just to see if they have even looked at my apps. Most of them haven't.

     I have sent my resume to others to critique and change. I have edited my resume about 6 times now and still nothing. I am 23 years old. I have 7 years almost 8 years experience in the working environment.

     I have done serving, office work and retail. I have experience everywhere and apparently that's not good enough.

    Seriously though, I just want to know if I was accepted or rejected. An effing email is not hard to send out. I do it everyday all the time. Mostly to people like you... looking for a job. I email my resume to all these people and they can't take 2 minutes out of their day to let me know if they like me or not.

     Common decency people. Get some.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda. I came across your blog and read your post on job hunting and the frustration of not hearing back from employers. You of course are right. It is a simple courtesy to let a person know one way or the other. What an affirming way to acknowledge a person's effort. What little effort to show respect. I wish you the best. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so tough. It's not you. So many people have this problem. Keep trying. Wish I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. After numerous attempts I have finally acheived my goal in attaing a job. Passed training and I start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete