Friday, June 17, 2011

Day at the Park.

     Oh my friggen god. I went to the new stadium for the CWS in downtown Omaha. Parking ... is worse than ever. It wasn't this bad down at the Blatt. The only decent size parking lot they have is for "passes only." Gay. The other size decent parking lot was blocked off at every entrance.




     We get in the stadium and get in line for North Carolina's autograph session. After an hour of waiting, we finally decide that we weren't going to make the cut so we merged to the Vanderbilt line.

     Vanderbilt is the team that put mine to shame in the Super Regionals. They beat Oregon State 11-1 the first game. Second game, they beat them 9-3. Strike one. The team was 20 minutes late showing up for autographs. Strike 2. The "crowd control" guy cut the line off one person in front of me, a lady with two kids. I was officially pissed.

     After 20 minutes of signing, the crowd control guy was like "This is officially the start of the line for Texas." FUCK ... TEXAS. Srtike 3. The "Staff" guy for the stadium let one of the lady's kids go through the line. This pissed me off even more and I started getting mouthy.

     Boyfriend was asking me what I wanted to do and I responded "get autographs." He told me he didn't see that happening. Oh was he wrong. I looked at boyfriend and yelled out (not at him but I was looking at him) "I PAID 10 BUCKS FOR THIS DAMN PROGRAM FOR ONE TEAM AND ONE TEAM ONLY. THEY SHOW UP LATE AND THEY ARE CUTTING THEM EARLY. THIS IS BULLSHIT."

     I started to realize that the people behind me were starting to get scared and backing away from me. (Including the "staff" member and crowd control guy.)

     The next thing I know the coach of Vanderbilt comes up to me and asks me how long I had been waiting, he offers to take my program and walk it through the line. My hero!


     Vanderbilt Coach Tim Corbin! Thank you!!


     This made my day and my temperature went down like 20 degrees. He got the whole team to sign my book! Awesome! I realized throwing tantrums does work. I always get what I want.

YAY ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment