Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Henry Doorly Zoo

     I have lived in Omaha all my life. I have been to the zoo thousands of times. Boyfriend took me the other day and we got some good pictures.


     I have just a few to start out with but I am always adding more.


This was taken in the Lied Jungle. Pretty Bird.


This was taken in the Dessert Dome. Hey Timon!


This was taken in the newer Butterfly Pavillion. They keep the cocoons here where you can watch them hatch and crawl out and grow!


This was taken while riding the new Skyfari. From the Aquarium and Butterfly Pavillion travel through the canopy of the zoo all the way to the elephants and Rhinos. 

When riding the new Skyfari, underneath you can see Giraffes, Ostriches, the Monkey island and Rhinos. Along with other various sites.


A picture of the dessert dome, it's big, it's brilliant, and it's full of fun! Don't forget the Kingdom of the Nights, underneath the Dessert Dome.


This was taken while we were walking through the aviary. Multiple species of birds are present throughout this sanctuary.


Yes, we also have flamingos. They are very pretty and scattered throughout the aviary.


This was taken inside (outside) the Gorilla House. He was getting upset with the people in the background tapping on the glass.


This was taken from inside the Orangutan House, he was so amused with this long piece of cloth and it was mildly entertaining for us.


Look ma, no hands. Just my mouth!!!


I want one.




Finally, a moment to myself.


This is a tiger, sun bathing. This is what they do on their day off.


He's actually not attacking her. It was either dinner time or do-tricks-for-people-time.


baby goats! So incredibly cute.


  Stupid kids wouldn't leave the babies alone. I thought this one was the cutest but I just couldn't get a good picture because of the monster little bastard children taunting it.


     Anyway, that's it for now, I will always be adding to this though. There are just too many animals to leave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment