Saturday, July 23, 2011

# 15 Message in a Bottle

     So, I was recently on vacation in Okoboji, Iowa and my main goal was to do # 15 on my bucket list. This would be to send a message in a bottle. The second to last day we were there I wrote a short half page note, rolled it up and twisty-tied it.

     My note read:

   Hi there,
     My name is Amanda and I made a bucket list and have been adding to it for years. # 15 on my list is to send a message in a bottle. I chose Okoboji because I have been coming up here for 23 years. I consider it my home-away-from-home now. Lately this place has changed a lot and fast. Everything is getting more expensive, it's starting to overcrowd with idiots, and everything is up for sale including the places I stay. This may be my last year up so I decided to leave on a good note. I hope I can continue to return to this beautiful place.
                      *BoJi4LifE*

     This is my bottle! (Not literally) that would be evidence for littering... mine was in a diet coke bottle. :) But, YAY, I can cross this off my list now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment