Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Common Decency ?

     I recently applied for a job, nothing big, but it was just for money needs. I was called about 2 days later from someone presenting me with a chance for an interview. I joyfully accepted. (I thought it would have taken longer for them to get back to me.) So the day came and I went in for a sit-down.

     She asked me questions, I answered respectively. The interview went very well she said. Yay! Me! As we were wrapping it up she told me she would call me in a few days so I could come in for my 2nd interview ? okay, I thought.

     A couple hours later I receive the phone call so we set the date. This time I had to meet with a different lady. So I went in and sat down with her. She said this interview went great and she would call me in the next couple days to schedule orientation for me. Sweet! Job is mine!

     I spoke to soon. 1 day went by, nocall. 2 days go by, nocall, 3 days, 4 days. On the forth day, I call. Apparently she wasn't there. Day 5, no call, day 6, no call, finally on day 7 I was surfing the interwebs and decided to check my email, lone behold ... I have an email, NOT from her, from the business. Telling me I am over-qualified and their accepting other people with more experience. HOW THE FUCK that makes sense ??? I'll never know.

     It was a no reply email address, so I replied.  :)

[[  To whoever reads this.

     Thank you so much for not calling me like you said you were going to. You lied.

     Thank you so much for feeding me false hope that I got the job when in fact I didn't. You lied.

     Thank you so much for telling me I'm "over-qualified" but yet seeking others with more experience at this time. You lied.

     I took 3 hours out of my time to drive to your business and talk to you and you send me an email. You didn't even have the decency to call me and tell me that I didn't get the job. It would've taken 30 seconds fo your "paid" time to tell me this. But no, you found a lazy way out and sent an email. (Even though you told me to wait for a phone call. <- this is rude.) I waited a week for a non-existing phone call that you told me specifically to wait for.

     If you emailed me because you couldn't deal with me getting rejected and didn't want to hear me complain, you were terribly mistaken.

                    Sincerely,
                      Your "over-qualified"
                      yet unexperienced should
                      have been employee. ]]]

      Is it that hard to pick up a phone and dial 7 numbers? That email I received felt like a text message. it felt like I was getting gossip over my phone. Are people that fucking lazy that they can't talk to people anymore? "To avoid verbal conflict I'll just email (text) them. At a non-reply email address no less.

     A simple phone call in the beginning would have prevented all of this. Watch:

Hirer: BeepBeepBeep-BeepBeepBeep-BeepBeepBeepBeep. Phone calls out. *Ring Ring*
Me: "Hello?"
Hirer: "Hello, I'm so-n-so from such-in-such. I'm sorry to inform you that we cannot accept your employment at this time."
Me: "Oh, ok, why?"
Hirer: "We have others with more experience at this time."
Me: "Okay, thanks anyway."
Hirer: "You're welcome."
Me: "Bye."
Hirer: *click*

No comments:

Post a Comment