Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Job Ate My Life

     For months now, I have bent over backwards for my job. Late notices, covering shifts, and staying late or closing when needed. I soon realized that I would do anything for anyone up there but no one would do anything in return.

     If I took a shift for someone, numerous times, they would never return the favor. If I closed for someone or took over their section, they would never return the favor. My boss could tell me to do anything and with no question or arguing I did it. But I realized I was the only one who they would come to and demand shit be done.

     Lately, I have not been taking shit from anyone not even my boss. Unless everyone is treated the way I am, I don't do shit for them.

     For a while I was working 40-50 hours a week claimed as "part-time". I worked Friday and Saturday nights and then pulling doubles on Sundays. Most times I would close the night before (which is 2:00am) and then come to work for a double the next day (which would be like 10:00am-11:00pm (with no breaks mind you!!!)) I recently worked a 15 hour day from (9:00am to 12:00am) with no break. NO BREAK AT ALL. NONE. NOT EVEN ONE MINUTE. I ate once at noon and I only was able to eat half of what I ordered. I didn't get to eat after that until after I got off work ... at midnight.

     The new schedule that came out this week was late already. I was scheduled for Saturday morning during the Husker game so I made plans with my boyfriend accordingly. The next day there was no schedule on the wall at work so none of us had any idea when we worked next we just had to guess. The next day after that there appeared to be a new schedule up and shifts were changed. Imagine me being the one who got f***ed over.

     She switched me from Saturday morning (decent section) to Saturday night in the piano bar. She scheduled me back there for an event that might not even be showing.

     I asked if she could switch me back to morning and she said no. I told her that I made plans according to the original schedule and I can't just cancel them. She pretty much told me tough shit. How effing rude is this? She took me out of my section from Saturday morning and put another girl in 2 sections.

     So I have been debating on whether I should just not show up and quit or just call in that day saying "I'm not coming in because I'm not coming in." My excuse is personal and no you do not have the right to ask. They need to realize that they cannot just F*** with me and that everything will be okay. My Job is not my life. My career will be my life. This is my JOB this is your CAREER. Get over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment