Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I Hate My Job. Part 3

     Last night I was scheduled in dining and had to watch piano bar room to also take tables. Already frustrating. Nobody was specifically scheduled in piano room so there was about 4 or 5 of us girls taking tables in piano room. More confusing than anything. So there were a couple tables last night that didn't get service right away because it was hard for us to keep track.

     I got assigned a table that had been sitting there for a while and when I walked up to the table, the girl at the table had a scowl on her face and had an attitude with me already. Snapping every order at me, questioning me to see if I understood her, and demanding I be faster even though she could clearly see that our building was full in every section if she cared about something other than herself.

     The football game was playing over the speakers so I was having a hard time hearing and she barked her order at me and I asked to repeat it because I could hear and she said "No." Seriously??? When the food came out it was no surprise her order was wrong. She bitched at me for that and I explained that I asked her to repeat it and since she said no I did my best with what I thought I heard. So she repeated it again and I had to have them remake it.

     I brought that out and apparently it was still wrong. So I gave up after that. When I went back to the table to check up on everything she scolded me that she had been waiting 10 minutes for another drink. Her drink was still half full. I tried to explain that when the drink gets low we have to ask if they want another drink. She told me I was wrong and stupid.

     I saw that the table was done with their food so I started pre-bussing the table when she throws her plate on top of the stack that I had in my hand which was already off balance. The plate fell to the floor and broke. She stood up and yelled at me "Can you not do anything right you stupid whore?" Oh My God. Are you effing serious??? I threw the plates down on the table and said "listen, you stupid bitch, I have been putting up with your shit since I walked up to the table. I don't know why you have been treating me like shit but I don't appreciate it and I'm not putting up with it anymore."

     I went to the computer and printed their receipt and made them cash out. She said she wanted to speak to my boss, that I couldn't treat her this way and blah blah blah. She ended up staying but I told all the other servers how she treated me and no one would serve her so they ended up leaving anyway.

     Seriously thought I was going to get fired last night just for that. Stupid bitch. Oh, yeah, and they stiffed me. No tip.

Strike 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment