Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I Hate My job. Part 1

     People like this.

     I wait on a table, do the standard intro, get their order and plug it into the computer. I have to repeat the order just so there are no mess-ups. So last night I took my tables order I repeated everything from drinks to specifications of their food. When the food was brought out the father figure at the table scolded me telling me this is NOT what he ordered.

     So I try to be polite about it. When I repeated the order the guy had ordered a burger melt which comes on bread not a bun. It's a melt dude not a regular hamburger. Anyway he said that he had ordered a bacon cheese burger instead of this unknown mysterious item.

     I take it to the back and apologize to the kitchen and explain that this guy had changed his mind. They fix it in no time and I bring it back to the guy. Did he even thank me??? Of course not. I had a full section in dining and I was also taking tables in the piano bar room. Running back and forth was getting frustrating. Thank God most of my tables were being extremely patient.

     I went back to this table several times to check up on them and see if everything was still okay and if they needed anything. After this table was done eating the told me they needed their check so I retrieved it quickly. Their order came to $55.51 after I took off both items the guy had ordered just because I thought they would make me anyway. They didn't say thanks for that either. They gave me $60.00 and demanded change. This leaves $4.49 as change. Which for other people this would be my tip.

     These bastards took the dish their check came in, the check, the change and left me nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

     I am not the greatest server in the world but I take good care of my tables and I know I never deserve to be stiffed. EVER.

Strike 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment